After I sent out the June partners last night I headed into my cave to get my blocks underway.
My partner is Bobbie who requested any block in cream and green. Now I was not sure if Bobbie wanted dark green or light green so I made both.
And as it turns out the pattern gave instructions for 4 blocks, so Bobbie gets two of each. The block pattern that I used is Birds in the air.
And today I decided to work on my sailing regatta for awhile. I had already popped the spotty strips to each side of the blocks and today I joined them with the navy sail boat print fabric.
I still have 2 boats and one star, not enough to complete another row. So this can go back in the WIP for a little while as I collect a few more of these little cuties. I always get inspired when I see quilts in progress, so I hoped this has helped others like me with ideas. I will probably make it a bit wider too, with perhaps one or two more on the end, lets see - after all it is a WIP.